MAKING A TAUAGA
You need: a sharp knife
1 stem of laufao plant
1. Cut a big stem of laufao plant .
2. Peel off the outer layer of the stem.
3. Scrape the sticky flesh part of the stem away.
4. Pick the longest strand/fibre with a knife.
5. Peel it slowly from the stalk .
6. Continue to peel off each fibre until it’s finish.
7. Rub the fibres together.
8. Spread the fibres on a sack.
9. Leave the sack with the spread fibres on a sunny spot to dry.
10. Scrunch the dry-out bundle of fibres.
11. Wraps the bundle around your hand to make a roll.