Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Sailing Experience - Folauhola

On Thursday morning my class had the opportunity to participate in sailing. We were divided into 2 groups. The first group left from school at 9am. The second group had to met us at Kohimarama Beach at 12pm. Sailing was at Kohimarama, near the yacht club.

Most of my class had never been sailing before. Our transport was the Sacred Heart Van.  There were 12 students who were in group 1. We finally made it to the yacht club. I couldn't wait any longer, so I grabbed my gear and jumped off the van. We met our instructor Reuben.

6 sailing boats had caught my eye. Our first task was to  set up the yacht.  We were paired up and each one of us had to chose a yacht. Before we could start, we had to put on our safety gear, to keep us safe. We dragged our sailing boat down the path walk and into the beach. The girls were up first to sail.

We had to sail to the tilly that was anchored to the sea floor, that area was the deepest. After coming last, I was enjoying. My partner and I took turn and it was turning out great, until we went together. When we reached to the deep side, my side was facing downwards to the water and water was coming into our boat. We were both scared and nervous that our boat would flip over.

It’s was too windy and we couldn't control our boat so we let it go and all of sudden we were in the sea. The sea was deep and I was nervous because usually when I'm at the beach my feets are always on the ground. Luckily Reuben came with his boat and told us how to flip over the boat.


It was time to say goodbye. I wasn't ready to stop, I wanted more. By the time we started  packing our gear, we met the second group who made it to the yacht club just in time.




No comments: