Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Talent Quest


The Talent Quest

“Are we next yet ? “ I asked. Mr Coakley came in front of the crowd announcing that we were next. My heart started pounding as I walked to get a chair.

It was Rachael, Latai and I that were performing. We were singing a song called ‘Lean On Me’.
Sitting down with my hands on the ukulele shaking. I looked at Rachael, wondering when to start. Rachael and I started strumming. I just kept looking at Latai so she could start on time. I turned to focus on strumming to make sure I have the right cords.
Latai started to sing. I heard her voice wavering. Next I noticed tears came rolling down her eyes. She stopped to wipe it away. Amazingly, everyone started to sing along with her. I felt like I was going to cry too, but I kept on strumming.
by Hifo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love music it's always great to see the young children who have a interest for music as music makes life more enjoyable and music gets out minds through times of struggles.Keep up the great work. Cecelia Tamoaieta.(Rosalina's mum)

Anonymous said...

very good

Ben said...

I like music.

the writers room said...

I love music it's always great to see the young children who have a interest for music as music makes life more enjoyable and music gets out minds through times of struggles

Lawson said...

These are some amazing writers in your class,some of those poems are outstanding I'll remember these
poems for a long time.