Pages

Monday, August 2, 2021

Responding to oral text

 MY LEARN:  TO WRITE A RESPONSE TO WHAT I READ OR AN ORAL TEXT.


TEXT: PRIME MINISTER, JACINDA 'S SPEECH AT THE DAWN RAID APOLOGY 

I WROTE A LETTER TO THE PRIME MINISTER IN RESPONSE TO HER SPEECH/APOLOGY

Dear Prime Minister Ardern


My name is Josaia and I am a year 7 student at St Pius X school in Glen Innes. I thank you for that wonderful speech you gave about the Dawn Raids. You have so much courage to speak out about the mistakes the government made nearly 50 years ago.   Some of our Pacific people were treated differently. Police officers judged our people for the way they looked. 

Some people were mentally damaged and traumatised because of these experiences. The fear and uncertainty they faced during the Dawn Raid is still clear in their mind today. I felt sad for them.

I like to thank you for the compensation you made towards Pacific Island communities. Thank you for the scholarships. I hope I can get a chance on it.


vinaka

Josaia

No comments: